Mobile has completely transformed the way we order food, buy groceries, book trips, stream content, game, and shop — making our lives easier every day and transforming nearly every industry in the process. It is a vital channel for interacting with consumers, and companies that succeed in mobile are reaping financial rewards.
As the leading mobile data and analytics company helping brands and publishers win on mobile, we are excited to share The State of Mobile 2020 report. This annual appraisal provides insight into mobile’s expansive impact across industries and the global economy, highlighting publishers and brands that are outperforming their peers.
- Mobile Took Over Mind Share: Consumers averaged 3 hours and 40 minutes on mobile in 2019, up 35% since 2017—companies from every vertical are benefitting by making mobile the center of their digital transformation investments.
- Mobile Games Reach 56% Market Share: Spend on mobile games across all app stores projected to top $100 billion in 2020.
- Massive Year for Mobile Advertising: Brands continue to embrace the unprecedented reach and value of mobile. Advertisers will pour more than $240 billion into ad spend in 2020—up 26% from 2019.
- Subscriptions Contribute to 95% of Spend: Video and dating categories propelling app store spend as adoption of Tinder, Tencent Video, iQIYI, and YouTube climbs.
- Video Streaming Wars Heat Up: Nearly 25% of Netflix’s iPhone users also used Disney+ in Q4 2019, the highest overlap of users among top video streaming apps in the US, demonstrating consumers pay for multiple services.