The Report ranks the global top 20 and runner-up Fintech startup ecosystems on five Success Factors, including Performance, Talent, Funding, Focus and Legacy. The top five Fintech startup ecosystems globally in 2020 are Silicon Valley, New York City, London, Singapore and Beijing, respectively.
Key highlights from the Global Fintech Ecosystem Report:
Top 20 Fintech Ecosystems Ranked + Runners-up
- Europe and North America no longer dominate and the Asia-Pacific region joins as equal.
Growth of Fintech Funding is Slowing Down
- In early-stage funding (pre-seed to Series A), Europe and the Americas are up, although the USA less so, and China has dropped.
- Series B+ funding is significantly up as COVID-19 clearly separates winners from losers. More money is being poured into winners, hinting at consolidation. Also, China is the only region down but from a record 2019 ($14B in Ant Financial).
- Emerging markets are growing fast as Fintech fills an unmet need rather than disrupts.
- Investment apps are booming everywhere with payment apps coming in second.